Saturday, April 26, 2014

Deferred Maintenance To The Smilie Gym...


-These non verbal cues have been a great addition to my teaching.  Once students are familiar with these hand gestures it can allow for my "set induction" (explanation of the days activity) to go smoothly even when disruptions happen.  Instead of having to change the train of thought or stop to redirect unexpected behaviors I can simply show the "Cut it out" hand gesture.



-I fixed up the aging "Problem Solving Area!"


-I have replaced the old rules poster with this new simplified set of rules.  These are the "Three B's" that we use at Brewster Pierce Elementary. 


-The annual unit of "Superstars and Record Breakers" is coming right up.  I updated the records boards at both Smilie and Brewster Pierce with six new records to be set.  There are still names of students on the records board from my first year (4 years ago) that have not been broken!  Good luck to all 3rd and 4th graders participating in the upcoming school record days.

-3 new records...

-3 more new records to be set for the first time this year...

No comments:

Post a Comment